Monday, May 19, 2014

Coping With Distrac…Hello, SHINY THING!!!

Happy Monday Everyone!!! Or it is Tuesday…?

For those of you lovely blog readers who don't know or don't remember me because I haven't blogged for A VERY LONG TIME!!!, I'm Minx Maya aka, Scatty Minx aka Newly Minted Full-Time Writer With The Attention Span Of A Gnat!! 

I had fabulous, lofty ideas of how my days would go when I gave up full-time, great paying day job to become a full-time, write-a-million-words-per-day-writer at the end of March. 

I'd do the school run in the morning, then fetch myself a power-coffee which I will drink (pinky aloft) while surfing the internet for EXACTLY fifteen minutes. 

After which I would CLOSE THE INTERNET, write perfect words from exactly ten thirty until three (with a half-hour break for power snacks), do the afternoon school run and/or accompanying mother/kids bonding activities, put my kids to bed and then read through the day's writing while indulging in copies amounts of self-congratulation.

Almost two months later…

STOP. LAUGHING. *Glares at blog readers* 

Ok, so I've learned two things very quickly.

1. I LOVE NEW, SHINY THINGS.

2. Pressure is by far my best motivator and I may need to embrace that process.

I'm choosing to take this as progress! And I've written some words I'm proud of. 

BUT I would appreciate some words of advice on how to get my butt in full time gear. Pretty Please? Or just feel free to tell me to stop whining and just get on with it. That'll probably work too, lol! 

Maya xx 


2 comments:

Rachel Lyndhurst said...

I'm looking forward to some top tips too! I know I should try to write a lot further from the larder that's for sure ...;0)
xx

Sally Clements said...

Sigh...welcome to my world!