Monday, February 10, 2014

What I'm reading today

I've just finished reading 'How to be a Woman' (non-fiction) at the moment from UK journalist and author Caitlin Moran.


My thoughts?

It should be compulsory reading for every woman on the planet.

It's funny, searingly honest, and it makes you feel empowered and glad to be female.

It's a fresh, humorous take on feminism in the 21st century covering everything from puberty, to love, marriage, motherhood and beyond.

What I especially love is Caitlin's voice - she's searingly funny and then heart-wrenching in the next breath. I found myself nodding, laughing and having to read some bits a few times over because they were so profoundly right.

I truly love this book, and I hope you'll read it and love it too. It made me wish I had a daughter to give it to, and glad I have a sister and good friends to buy it for.

CLICK HERE to see 'How to be a Woman' on Amazon UK.

No comments: